Yesterday, I released my first song in a series of songs following a specific genre. This song is called "take this call", and you can listen to it here:
So, this genre is one I've been experimenting with for a while, and am still building on and playing with. I would like to explain it.
The genre I've utilized is a bit of a mix of bedroom pop & jazz with a taste of smooth rock. It's almost like lo-fi jazz, if it was high fidelity. It's characterized by:
- Multiple tracked vocals
- A bit quiet, as the instrumental is the main focus
- No autotune whatsoever, focuses on realistic tones.
- Somewhat simple, not too complex but not too minimalistic.
- Drums are always acoustic, as the genre is meant to take inspiration from older genres.
- Mixed without many effects, at most a little reverb and echo.
I have a lot of other music in this genre I will post here, so be on the lookout! <3